One dead, four taken ill due to wild mushroom consumption


File photo

Damauli, June 22: A person died and four others were taken ill in the Tanahun district after consuming wild mushrooms.

According to the District Police Office, Tanahu, the deceased has been identified as Dronapati Gurung, 85, of Aanbukhairani rural municipality-6. 

He fell severally ill after eating curry made of the toxic mushroom and thereafter succumbed to the illness, said DSP Deepak Kumar Raya.

Four others fallen sick after consuming poisonous mushrooms are free from danger, police said. They were Dil Bahadur Gurung, 54; Madhu Gurung, 57; Rana Bahadur Gurung, 92; and Pamphi Gurung, 58, who added police. 

They consumed wild mushrooms found in nearby forests on June 15. (RSS)

How did you feel after reading this news?