The approximately 22 billion project has seen the completion of a 98 percent construction works so far, he said, adding that a flight calibration would take place in coming October.
Just below the Mangalbare Bazaar of Sankhuwasabha is a mesmerizing meadow on the Tehrathum section of the hills. There remains a mysterious dark hole in the middle of the meadow.
The world's second highest mountain, K2 in Pakistan, has welcomed a record-breaking number of climbers this year amid a post-pandemic surge of summit fever.
Two Nepali enthusiasts have developed a website myhotelandhome.com to facilitate domestic and foreign tourists to book hotels in major cities across the country.
New Zealand's borders are fully open for the first time since March 2020, when they shut in an effort to keep out Covid-19.
Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio has congratulated Nepal for its achievement in tiger conservation.
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) has asked the government to clear the confusion regarding the distribution of the revenue generated from mountaineering and telecommunication. Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) is collecting the royalty from 27 snowcapped peaks measuring above 6,000 metres and distributing the revenue to various levels of the government. In FY 2019/20, the NMA deposited 55 per cent of the collected royalty to the federal consolidated fund and kept the remaining 45 per cent to itself while in 2020/21, it deposited 50 per cent to th
Tourists have been prohibited from trekking alone in the areas above Namche in Khumbu. According to the District Police Office of Solukhumbu, a relatively high number of domestic and foreign tourists have gone missing in recent years because they went to the high altitude areas without a guide. “That is what prompted us to introduce this restriction,” said Deputy Superintendent of Police Sunil Jung Shah.
Nepali Ambassador to Thailand, Ganesh Prasad Dhakal, would be the chief guest of the Nepal Sales Mission where CEO of PATA International, Liz Ortiguera, would participate as the special guest and keynote speaker.
The Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation has granted permission to Phulchoki Adventure Pvt. Ltd. to commercially operate paragliding in the Kushadevi area in the district.
The Tourism Ministry came up with an action plan to revive tourism in line with the recovery plan pledged by Tourism Minister Jivan Ram Shrestha while assuming office.
Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Jeevan Ram Shrestha has raised the issue of providing air entry points for Bhairahawa’s Gautam Buddha International Airport (GBIA) with the Ambassador of India to Nepal Naveen Srivastava.
A 47-year-old Nepali Sherpa has set a climbing record by scaling all the world's 14 peaks that are higher than 8,000 meters (26,247 ft) for a second time, his agency said on Thursday.